This campaign is built on real healthcare experience.
Our commonwealth was not prepared at first to deal with COVID-19 and the enormous implications it brings to our community. We must improve Pennsylvania’s healthcare system.
I promise to fight tirelessly for the policies that will keep you and your families healthy and safe, just as I spent years in healthcare fighting for patients and lower prescription costs in DC and Harrisburg. We must do everything in our power to halt this virus in its tracks.
- Mandate paid sick leave for all employees and we must take advantage of federal funds to help protect overwhelmed small businesses. This will transition into a permanent system for all Pennsylvanians.
- Create health departments in every county in the commonwealth and increase their access state grants.
- Create a public option through a universally affordable medicare buy-in and encourage medicare and medicaid expansion.
- Waive all co-pays during the pandemic and provide more state grants for hospitals, labs, and research facilities.
- Protect reproductive rights and access to reproductive healthcare.
This may be a scary time, but this campaign will fight for quality healthcare for you and your families. Every Pennsylvanian deserves affordable and easily accessible medical care. With this COVID-19 Healthcare Action Plan, and the campaign’s full Healthcare Plan, we can make better public health decisions on behalf of all Pennsylvanians.
Join us and fight for a healthier PA!